Saturday 8 November 2008

Mushrooms are NOT the devil

Or are they? !!!! 


Zangarmarsh is by far my favourite Outlands zone. I love the atmosphere, the fact that its mostly water and plays home to some of the more unique looking creatures such as the bog walkers. Wtb Marticar  as a tameable hunter's pet please. It speaks to my inner child with all its giant mushrooms (as a little girl I had a smurf play set complete with cute little mushroom cottages so when I saw the alliance base at Telredor, it was love at first sight) and its swampyness. Everytime I fly over the area, I think of Sylvia Plath and one of my favourite poems, "Mushrooms", 

"We are shelves, we are
Tables, we are meek,
We are edible,

Nudgers and shovers
In spite of ourselves.
Our kind multiplies:

We shall by morning
Inherit the earth.
Our foot's in the door."
    Sylvia Plath

Maybe we are looking in the wrong direction for threats to our world order. Its not Arthas who threatens our existence but those sneaky mushrooms mutilplying in the darkness of Zangarmarsh's swamps. 

No comments: