Friday 5 September 2008

We daren't go a-hunting

Up the airy mountain,
Down the rushy glen,
We daren't go a-hunting
For fear of little men;

William Allingham

Ok I admit, my hunter hasnt got beyond lv 30 because im scared of gnomes... although gnomes are scary, its because im lazy. That said, ive been eyeing the forthcoming hunter changes with interest, especially the pet related ones (im a sucker for pets).

  1. Being able to have 5 pets up from the 3 we can currently have.
  2. Pets actually having their own talent trees and the trees being defined clearly into tanking, dps etc
  3. All pet families having focus dumps
  4. All pets getting a unique family skill (Although this is a bit of a double edged sword but ill come to that later)

My first thought when i read about the changes was "oooh, i can finally go back to having a wolf", after all ive always been a dog person and in Vanilla WoW my little hunter had a black worg from Shadowfang keep (one of those with a fast attack speed). I even picked out a worg on Petopia, one of the new white ones coming in the expansion. Then i got my Beta key and discovered them in the wild. Whilst one was biting on me, i realised that i didnt actually like them.

No comments: